Call for young Journalists – UNESCO Youth Forum, ParisPostat: septembrie 2, 2009
The 6th UNESCO Youth Forum of the 34th UNESCO
General Conference will take place from 1 to 3 October 2009.
The Youth Forum has been held since 1999, and has become an integral
part of UNESCO’s General Conference, the organization’s highest
decision-making body. It brings together young delegates from all over
the world to exchange views, share experiences and identify common
opportunities and challenges.
For the 6th Youth Forum, the Section for Youth, Sport and Physical
Education (YSPE) is inviting a number of young journalists to
participate in the event and enhance its results, notably by better
communicating its activities, its discussions and its outcomes to the
One journalist from each of UNESCO’s five constituent regions will be
selected. Application from all the UN Members are welcome.
The role of the youth journalists will be twofold: First, they will
ensure internal coverage of the Forum, through blogs, articles, video
clips, radio coverage and any other relevant medium. Secondly, they
will be responsible for reporting news of the Forum to their regional
and local communities, networks and organizations.
Air travel, board and lodging of the selected youth journalists will be covered by UNESCO through its Section for Youth, Sport and Physical Education.
Criteria for Selection
General requirements for youth journalists:
- Be below 30 years of age.
- To have journalistic experience, if possible, also in an intergovernmental context (online, print, photo, video, radio).
- To have knowledge of all documents related to the 6th Youth Forum.
- To monitor the online discussions of the 6th Youth Forum.
- To have a working knowledge of English and/or French. Knowledge of one of the six UN Languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish) will be an asset.
Required documents for selection process:
- Any articles, videos, etc which prove journalistic experience.
- Two references from people who are familiar with the journalistic work of the youth journalist.
Applications (CV’s, required documents and a brief covering letter)
must be addressed to Christopher Hermanus at
Find more detailed information here.