„Education makes people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave.” – Henry Peter Brougham
The East European magazine PLOTKI is looking for new online editors from East European countries. The aim is to enlarge the existing international editorial board of the PLOTKI online news, the „monthly updated rumours”.
PLOTKI editors contribute to the magazine by organizing and editing their own issues and putting them online.
DEADLINE: 01.04.2008, please read details below.
PLOTKI is a magazine, an open platform, a network of over 100 authors, photographers and graphic designers from Eastern Europe. The online magazine is put together by an international editorial board, made up of young people from
Central and East European countries.
In May 2008, the editorial board will have its next team meeting in the Czech Republic. We would like to use this opportunity to invite interested people to become online editors of PLOTKI and to actively take part in the PLOTKI project. Transport, accommodation and food costs will be covered.
Participants are asked to prepare one article and/or photos or illustrations or other publishable media on the topic: SOLIDARITY.
– journalistic and/or photographic experience welcome
– contacts to authors, photographers and illustrator in your country
– English language skills
– online skills are not necessarily needed (we will teach you everything at
the seminar – a certain affinity to computers is helpful)
– readiness to attend the seminar in Czech Republic from 1st – 4th of May
– a 4 day seminar in the Czech Republic
– introduction into online editing: PLOTKI Content Management System
(CMS),”the making of an online issue of PLOTKI”
– a platform for creative journalism
– a broad network of journalists and photographers from Central-Eastern
Please mail your application until 01.04.2008 to email@example.com by answering the following questions:
– name, age, country, language skills
– occupation and/or field of studies
– experiences with journalism and/or photography
– motivation why you want to become a PLOTKI online editor
– and attach your contribution: your article on the topic SOLIDARITY (less
then 1.000 words) OR your photo contribution OR your illustration.
Remember, Saturday night at 20.00 turn off your lights for one hour.
ASJC proudly supports Earth Hour 2008. Do the same.
- „It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.” – Albert Einstein
by Carmen Paun
… Nice things, of course. The first thing that may come to your mind (or is it just me?) is making love. But about some other kind of love I wanna tell you about: the love for the environment, for your place, for your kids to come, for your future, for the Earth.
That might sound pathetic, I know, but it might be the truth. So why not do something nice and easy: just turn off the computer, the TV, the lights on Saturday the 29th of March, for an hour. From 8 to 9. I believe is just a way of saying thanks for the air we breath, for the sea we like to go see every 1st of May and for the forests where we mostly stop for a barbecue.
Sydney was the first city in the world to do what I hope we’ll do on Saturday. You can see it here:
Just turn off the lights, it might be fun. And let me tell you one last thing – that’s the latest trend. Are you trendy?
„The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.” – Dante Alighieri.